Because all of my Mac systems were upgraded at home were upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mac OS X Lion, I did not noticed that Apple left out of Lion (when freshly installed like on my Mac Mini Server) iDVD and iWeb.
For iWeb not a very big deal since I can user the awesome Wiki3 bundled with the server, but iDVD was something I used from time to time to create slideshows and movies to be played in standard DVD players (yes, Apple, there are still some around 😉 ).
With much surprise, I’ve discovered that iDVD can be “installed” on my Mini Server by proceeding as follows:
- on your Mac where you still have an iDVD version, right click on the application and select “Compress iDVD”
- on your Mac in folder /Library/Application Support/iDVD, compress the subfolder Themes using same technique
- copy the two compressed files on your new Lion and unzip them by double clicking on the compressed files.
- copy the iDVD package (the one with the blue icon resembling a DVD) in your Applications folder
- create a folder named iDVD in /Library/Application Support/
- copy the Themes directory in /Library/Application Support/iDVD folder
- launch iDVD and enjoy